Are you looking for a great quality lip gloss? How about one for $1? Then E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shines are right up your alley! In fact, I was incredibly impressed with these, regardless of the price.
|Watermelon. Image from E.L.F.|
|Goddess. Image from E.L.F.|
I wanted to start off by using images of the shades I own, Watermelon and Goddess, to show you how website images can often be deceiving. These look VERY similar in person:
- "Super Glossy formula leaves your lips with a healthy glossy glow."
- "Delicious flavor and sweet scent"
- "Perfect on-the-go tube that is mess-proof for easy application."
- Is very glossy and smooth! Claim accomplished!
- E.L.F. says the scent is grape vanilla. It just smells like grape to me. It smells okay to me, but might be too sickly-sweet for some people. Claim mostly accomplished.
- I guess it tastes okay...I don't really like to eat lip gloss....Claim accomplished (I think).
- Tube isn't messy and works fine. Good quality, especially for the price. Claim accomplished!
- These have a surprisingly nice pigmentation! Good job, E.L.F.
- Fairly long-lasting, for a lip gloss, that is.
- So cheap! $. Works as well as pricier lip glosses.
- It's a sticky formula (helps it last). But for those of you who don't like sticky lip glosses, you might not like these.
- Some may not like the grape scent.
|Watermelon left, Goddess right|
|Watermelon top, Goddess bottom|
Shades I Own:
- Watermelon: Peachy, coral shade with a bit of shimmer. This one is more pigmented.
- Goddess: Golden, pearly, nude pink with a bit of metallic gold shimmer.
- Brand: E.L.F. (Eyes, Lips, Face)
- Product: Lip Gloss
- Shades: Watermelon and Goddess
- Price: $1
- Where to get: Target or E.L.F.'s Website. If you buy online, E.L.F. always has major deals and coupon codes, so ONLY buy on discount. Why not get the products even cheaper?
- Package Quality (out of 5 stars): *****
- Overall Rating (out of 5 stars): ***** (I don't think lip gloss has to be expensive to be high quality. In fact, I usually prefer drugstore lip glosses in general.)
- Recommend: Yes.
- Repurchase: Yes, I would repurchase Watermelon simply because it is more pigmented and looks too similar to Goddess to justify purchasing both.
- Side Note: E.L.F. is a cruelty-free company! E.L.F. does not test on animals or use animal-derived ingredients. See their FAQ's, if you have more questions.
- Grade: B+
Disclosure: These products were purchased by me for review purposes. I was not paid or compensated in any way. All opinions are my own.