Tuesday, May 1, 2012

15 Questions Tag

To start this post off, I wanted to show you all some images of Yosemite National Park.  Specifically, this is Nevada falls. My family and I hiked to Vernal and Nevada falls last weekend, and the sites are simply breath-taking! 
Liberty Cap on upper left, Nevada Falls on right. Photo credit: Michele Schwab
Nevada Falls plus rainbow! Photo Credit: Michele Schwab
15 Questions Tag.  I kept seeing this tag on beauty blogs and wanted to give it a go! As always, feel free to do it yourself!

1) Favorite drugstore mascara?
I love Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof Mascara in Very Black (in the orange tube). It’s a big tube with a ton of product. And I absolutely love the length and volume it gives (without the clumpy-ness). Review to come soon!

2) Favorite MAC product?
Probably MAC eye shadow. My current favorites are All That Glitters and Lucky Green. Both are Veluxe Pearls.

3) One product that you can't live without?
If I had to pick one….this is really hard btw….it has to be either my face wash or moisturizer. My favorites that I use everyday is Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser and Olay Complete All Day UV moisture cream for sensitive skin.

4) Worst product you ever purchased?
It’s probably not the worst ever, but the one that comes to mind is Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara in Very Black.

5) One product that you have splurged on?
Bareminerals Multi-Tasking SPF 20 Concealer in bisque. I had a small sample of this that I used for FOREVER, so I finally purchased this.

6) The worst product that you spent a lot of money on?
I tend to research any expensive product before I take the plunge, so I’m rarely disappointed. A long time ago I bought a Clinique blush I wasn’t too happy with. It's a good blush, but the shade just wasn't my favorite.

7) Your favorite lipgloss?
I don’t tend to be the biggest lip gloss addict. That said, I still haven’t found an absolute favorite. I do have many I enjoy, though!

8) Number one skincare line?
I tend to like single products from different lines. Neutrogena (from my experience) usually makes good skincare products. I love Neutrogena's make-up removing wipes, especially. I love Biore and Neutrogena cleansers (not all, but many of them). Oil of Olay makes great moisturizers! Also, I love Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask (this green stuff is truly amazing!).

9) The one thing that you wish you didn't have to buy?
Concealer. Would be great if my skin didn’t ever need it! Also, it's so hard to find a good one.

10) Rush through your makeup or cherish every moment?
Depends on the day. Happy medium is always best, unless you are in a rush!

11) Favorite part of putting on your makeup?
Eye make-up, especially eye shadow! I love coming up with new looks.

12) Sephora or makeup counters?
Probably Sephora. I’ve moved away from make-up counters since discovering Sephora and Ulta. Especially since they now exist in my hometown (when I first started using cosmetics, the choices were a LOT more limited). Sephora/Ulta has a wide variety of products, and you are less likely to get a biased opinion from a salesperson. At a counter, the salesperson seems to love absolutely everything that one company sells, but at Sephora/Ulta the salesperson is more honest about telling you what doesn’t work and recommending a better product.

13) Do you buy products that have been tested on animals?
I try to stay away from it but unfortunately, so many companies still perform animal testing. It’s hard to avoid, especially when a company doesn’t tend to give its consumers full disclosure.

14) Lipgloss or lipstick?
Completely depends on the individual product.  As a whole, I’d have to go with lipstick, but ONLY moisturizing ones. Especially those in a chubby stick or jumbo pencil type format.

15) When did you start wearing makeup?
When I was 12 years old (most lip gloss and a dab of concealer), but more so when I was 13 and 14.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment