|Image from Cherry Culture|
Thursday, May 24, 2012
If you don't know about http://www.cherryculture.com, I wrote about it previously in this post.
Well, here's another Memorial Day Sale; 20% the entire store until May 28th if you use the code MDS12. Here's your chance to stock up on brands such as NYX, Milani, Beauty Blender, Jordana, & many more.
For those of you who'd like to try out (or already love) Tarte Cosmetics, go to http://tartecosmetics.com for a Memorial Day sale!
|Image from Tarte|
Here are some of the products I've tried out and recommend:
|Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hr Blush in Dollface-$25. Image from Tarte.|
- I have a deluxe sample size of this blush, and it is simply the BEST blush I have EVER used. And this is coming from a girl, who is extremely picky about blushes. Dollface is a beautiful matte light pink blush, which looks rather lovely on my fair skin. It is very pigmented (especially for a light color), so a little goes a long way. Additionally, it blends beautiful, looks natural, and lasts all day! While I'm hesitant to spend $25 on a blush, my deluxe sample size has lasted me a long time (I use it almost EVERY day since March and have yet to hit pan). So when the sample does run out, I will definitely consider repurchasing! I would also love to try out more shades!
|Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Ave Princess-$29. Image from Tarte.|
- This is the bronzer that basically converted me into actually using bronzer! As a fair-skinned individual, I used to stay away from bronzer since all the products I've tried either looked muddy or orange on me (which is not attractive...I can rub my face in the dirt for free!). The shade is described on Tarte's website as being a shimmering gold. In my opinion, it's not much of true gold nor is it all that shimmery, which I think is a good thing! I would call this bronzer a satin finish, since it appears mostly matte on the skin, but has a slight sheen that gives some dimension (so it's almost matte, but not flat! lol). I use this blush as a natural-looking contour on my cheekbones all the way up to my temples & hairline. Trust me, it looks really natural, giving a really great sun-kissed look! The bronzer also works well when brushed all over the face in order to perk up a dull or pasty complexion. It also lasts all day! I only have the sample size of this product, but I have yet to even make a dent and like the blush, I use it almost every day! At $29 this bronzer is rather pricey, but I will consider repurchasing when my sample size runs out.
|Tarte Blush & Bronzer On the Go-$15. Image from Tarte|
- Well, what do you know? This is the exact set I purchased in order to try out Dollface blush and Park Ave Princess Bronzer. At $15, this is such a bargain, especially when you consider that a good drugstore blush and bronzer purchased separately would most likely be more expensive (or about the same price). These are deluxe sample sizes, and in my opinion are rather large, and can honestly pass as a full-size product (if you didn't know there were bigger sizes). Each product gives you 3.2 g of product versus the full sizes of 5.6g for the blush and 9g for the bronzer. Just so you know, I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and neither product breaks me out or causes any irritation.
|Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush-$30. Image from Tarte.|
- This is the first cheek stain I've every tried, and I love it! It lasts all day, and does not budge. "Flush" looks really natural w/ my skin tone. Although I don't use this everyday, it's particularly great for summer weather & humidity. It also does not break me out or cause any irritations. I only have the deluxe sample size, but it's a lot of pigmented product, and I can't see myself using it up anytime soon. I do think $30 is expensive, so I probably won't repurchase unless I find a good sale or gift set.
|Tarte "emphasEYES" Amazonian Clay Liner in Black & Double-Ended Brush-$22. Image from Tarte.|
- I have the full size of this gel eyeliner from a set, which unfortunately, did no come w/ the double-ended eyeliner brush. While I do like this black eyeliner, it is very intense! I tend to only wear it for going out, since I prefer a dark brown eyeliner for daily use. If you love a dark matte black, you will love this. It is also waterproof and stays put! It didn't work on my waterline, however. While I do think this is a great eyeliner, there are plenty of cheaper eyeliners that also work just as well (such as E.L.F. Cream Liner or Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner).
- These are images from an early post, in which I used this eyeliner:
|Tarte's Liner & Mascara in action!|
|Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara-$19. Image from Tarte.|
- To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of high-end mascaras. They're usually double the price (or more) than drugstore mascaras, and usually don't even work as well! Tartes "Lights, Camera, Lashes!" Mascara is actually quite good. It's not waterproof, but I haven't had an problems with smudging (the mascara flakes towards the end of it's lifespan, but that's the point when you should toss it anyway), and it comes off easily. I had a deluxe sample size of this mascara, which actually lasted a long time. While I do like it a lot, I don't think it's better than my favorite Mascara of Choice, Covergirl Lash Blast.
|Tarte "LipSurgence" Lip Tint in Enchanted-$24. Image from Tarte.|
- I have a deluxe sample size of the Lip Tint in a set, and I absolutely love it! The color is pigmented & bright, very moisturizing, and smells like mint! What I don't love is the price of $24! So expensive! Though I will not repurchase individually due to the price, I would get a Tarte set again. These are very similar to Clinique's Chubby Sticks (which I own and love) and the Revlon Balm Stains (which I haven't seen in stores yet but really want to try!).
Since I obviously love sets with deluxe sample sizes & full-sizes, here are some good-looking, value-friendly sets from the website:
|Into to Tarte Value Set-$21. Comes with deluxe sample sizes of the "ReCreate" Silicone-free Primer, Cheek Stain in Tipsy, Lifted Eye Primer, "EmphasEYES" Inner Rim Eye Pencil in Black, "MultiplEYE" Lash-Enhancing Primer, and|
"MultiplEYE" Lash-Enhancing Mascara. Image from Tarte.
|Tarte Radient & Rested Set-$34. Comes with deluxe sample size of Amazonian Clay Blush in Glisten (3.4 g), deluxe sample size of smooth operator illuminating serum, full size "LipSurgence" Lip Luster in Sweet, full size Bright Side Double-Ended Eye Brightener, and deluxe sample size of Amazonian Clay Shimmer Powder in Champagne (3.9g). Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte "Ring It In" Mini Cheek Stain Set-$15. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte "The Royal Collection"-$30. Comes w/ 16 full size eyeshadows and deluxe sample sizes of Clean Slate Natural Face Primer, "multiplEYE" Clinically Proven Lash Enhancing Primer, Lights Camera Lashes Mascara, & Vitamin-Infused Lipgloss. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte "The Jewelry Box" Palette-$45. Comes w/ 32 full size eyeshadows, 6 lip glosses, full size Park Ave Princess Bronzer, soft pink highlighting powder, & 5 eyeliners. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Jewels of the Amazon Trio-$39. Comes w/ Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliners in Black, Bronze, & Green plus a double-ended eyeliner brush. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Achiote Color Collection-$42. Includes full sizes of Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss, "Lipsurgence" Lip Luster, & Amazonian Clay 12-hr Blush. All in the shade Achiote (shimmering golden pink). Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Down to Earth Kit-$49. Includes full sizes of "Lipsurgence" Natural Lip Tint in Enchanted, "Gifted" Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, "multiplEYE" Lash Enhancing Liquid Liner, Amazonian Clay 12-hr Blush in Blissful, & make-up bag. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Party Set-$65. Includes full sizes of Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder in Champagne, "Lipsurgence" Lip Luster in Glisten, "Gifted" Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, Cheek Stain in Flush, "EmphasEYES" Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Bronze, double-ended eyeliner brush, and make-up case. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Amazonian Color Collection in Perfect Berry- $48. Includes Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Shimmering Chocolate, double-ended eyeliner brush, Amazonian Clay Infused Eyeshadow Palette in matte pewder, matte light pink, & playful plum, Lights Camera Lashes Mascara, Vitamin Lip Gloss in Serenity (warm pink), Cheek Stain in Perfect Berry, Amazonian Clay Waterproof brow mousse available in either taupe or brown, & double-ended brow brush. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Amazonian Color Collection in Perfect Rose- $48. Includes Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Blackened Plum, double-ended eyeliner brush, Amazonian Clay Infused Eyeshadow Palette in shimmering light pink, shimmering sand, & shimmering cocoa, Lights Camera Lashes Mascara, Vitamin Lip Gloss in Paradise (sheer berry pink), Cheek Stain in Perfect Rose, Amazonian Clay Waterproof brow mousse available in either taupe or brown, & double-ended brow brush. Image from Tarte.|
Although a lot of these sets are rather pricey, it's not quite so expensive when you consider purchasing the individual products alone. I've bought all my Tarte products in sets, and even though I haven't tried much from Tarte, I've really enjoyed the products so far! Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Disclosure: All products was purchased by me for review purposes. I was not paid or compensated in any way. All opinions are my own.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
I've been using Bare Escentual's/Bareminerals (Bare Escentuals is the company; the line of products is Bareminerals....hence the name confusion!) Bisque for about 4 months now, so I figured a review was necessary!
Disclosure: This product was purchased by me for review purposes. I was not paid or compensated in any way. All opinions are my own.
Bare Escentual's Claims:
- "Award-winning SPF 20 Concealer effortlessly covers anything you have to hide."
- "Effortlessly conceals everything but feels like nothing at all."
- "Blends seamlessly into skin."
- "Provides medium-to-full coverage with a natural finish."
(Quotes taken from Bare Escentuals)
This product is essentially a loose powder concealer with stronger pigmentation and coverage than the Bareminerals foundations.
I'm fair-skinned so I'm using Bisque, which is the lightest concealer shade in the line. There are 5 shades total: Bisque (for lighter complexions), Summer Bisque (for medium complexions), Honey Bisque (for golden tan complexions), Dark Bisque (for deeper tan complexions), and Deep Bisque (for the deepest, darkest complexions).
A couple years ago, I had a small sample of Bisque, which I loved! That little sample seriously lasted me about 6 months! I have no idea why it took me so long to consider purchasing the full size.
- The SPF 20 is great!
- It conceals under-eye circles and minor blemishes, scars, and discolorations well, but not as great as a cream concealer.
- It does blend well into the skin, and looks very natural.
- I wouldn't say it gives full coverage, personally, but rather a medium coverage. As a result, it works great as a complexion "booster" for added coverage over powder foundation or cream concealer. I like to use Bisque over a cream under-eye concealer (such as Benefit Boi-ing) to set the concealer and provide added coverage. I also use it over blemishes/discolorations; provides added coverage as well as making any make-up underneath look more natural.
- This product is especially great at evening out patches of skin that are discolored from the rest of the face, without being heavy and "fake" looking.
- Doesn't look orange or dark on the skin. I am very pale, so sometimes concealers have a tendency to look too dark or patchy on me.
- The packaging has been improved! There is now a piece under the cap that opens & closes the holes (where the product comes out of), so product does not go everywhere.
- Unless you have amazing skin, a cream concealer is still necessary to cover darker eye circles and/or larger blemishes. Thus, the coverage is not full.
- You will need to purchase a brush in order to apply this properly. I use the Bareminerals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush, which can be purchased individually for $20. Mine came in the Bareminerals starter kit that I purchased about 6 years ago! My brush is in workable condition, but I honestly need a new one. I've been putting off buying a new one, since I think it's rather pricey. I've also yet to find a brush that works as well with mineral foundation, so let me know if you have any suggestions!
- For those of you that are sensitive or allergic to Bismuth Oxychloride, it is still a major ingredient of this product.
- "Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)"
- I can't use this on top of concealer to "set" the concealer because the concealer will crease under my eyes. I use a different setting powder right after the concealer, and then use Bisque on top, only where darkness is still visible.
- Price: $18 for the "medium-sized" jar, which gives 2 g (0.07 oz) of product. While I do think it is pricey, I believe this jar will last me quite some time, since only a small amount of product is needed.
- Brand: Bare Escentuals
- Product: bareMinerals SPF 20 Concealer
- Shade: Bisque
- Price: $18
- Where to get: Ulta, Sephora, a Bare Escentuals store, online
- Package Quality (out of 5 stars): ***** (Since the new "sifter" packaging has been added!)
- Overall Rating (out of 5 stars): ****(I like it, but the product is not perfect)
- Recommend: Yes.
- Repurchase: I want to see how long a jar lasts me, but so far I will repurchase.
- Grade: B
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
I absolutely love NYX eyeshadows for their affordability and quality. I've only ever used the eyeshadow singles, so I was excited to try a trio!
- Shade on far left: Taupe (with grey and brown elements; it's hard to describe taupe....it's just so taupey)
- Shade in middle: Reddish brown
- Shade on far right: Sandy, light peach highlight shade
- *The finish on all three shades is the equivalent to MAC's Veluxe Pearl. Basically, the shades all have shimmer and a high-shine metallic sheen, but no chunky glitter whatsoever.
|Accidentally swatched the shades in reverse...my bad! Shade on far left is the highlight, the middle one is the reddish brown, and the far right is the taupe.|
- The texture is very smooth and soft, but not as soft and buttery as Urban Decay. The texture is actually very similar to a good MAC shadow (a bit harder in texture but less fall out!).
- The colors on all 3 are quite pigmented! I am pleased. :)
- Although I did use an eye primer, these shadows proved to be long-lasting. I took the pictures below after wearing the make-up for over 8 hours.
- Gives a very natural look. Great trio for an easy, everyday look or for travel.
- Price: Very affordable, especially considering these are 3 quality eyeshadows. Places to purchase NYX trios include:
- NYXcosmetics.com: Each trio is $7, not including shipping.
- Ulta (both in store and online): Each trio is $7.99. (These are currently "buy one, get one 50% off." This is a frequent promotion, so no worries if you miss this one).
- Cherryculture.com: Each trio is $5.99. There are also a lot of frequent promotions, such as free shipping and/or 20% off the entire order.
- Not as high quality as Urban Decay, but still very good.
- If you're not a fan of neutrals, than this is probably not for you. Other than that....I have no complaints!
- Brand: NYX
- Product: Eyeshadow Trio (for one overall look)
- Shades: In the Woods
- Price: $6-8 each
- Where to get: Ulta, NYX's website, Cherry Culture
- Package Quality (out of 5 stars): ***** (Small, portable case; includes a small mirror & a double sided sponge tip applicator)
- Overall Rating (out of 5 stars): *****
- Recommend: Yes.
- Repurchase: If I run out. But it takes me forever to hit pan on an eyeshadow.
- Note: This brand is cruelty-free!
- Grade: B+ (compared to higher quality eye shadows)
Here's a look I did w/ this trio. Keep in mind this is at the end of the day, right before I took off my make-up. So forgive my tired eyes!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (all over lid, as an eye primer)
- Nyx In the Woods eyeshadow trio (the taupe shade all over the lid, the reddish brown in the crease, and the highlight shade as a brow bone & inner corner highlight)
- Nyx Dark Brown (matte brown used to deepen the outer crease; also used to fill in eyebrows)
- Nyx True Taupe (matte taupe used to soften and blend out the crease)
- Physician's Formula Eye Enhancing Eyeliner in Brown (from the Blue Eyes Trio)-upper & lower lash line
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
Disclosure: This product was given to me as a gift by a family member. I was not paid or compensated in any way. All opinions are my own.
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Now that I've turned 23, I've been officially wearing and experimenting with cosmetics and skincare for a decade. Wow, time sure does fly by. I still remember a lot of my first beauty purchases from the drugstore! While my taste in beauty products has certainly changed, my love for experimenting with such products definitely has not. I am not a professional make-up artist nor a beauty expert, but I am a consumer and lover of the topic. From my experience reading/watching beauty bloggers/youtubers, I've learned that some of the best beauty advice comes from everyday individuals. No one is more relatable than someone who reflects you: a person with inner & outer beauty, including the quirks (and so-called imperfections) that make you human.
Here are some of the beauty tips and tricks I've learned throughout the years:
- There's a time and a place for just about every make-up look. While I tend to focus on wearable, everyday make-up, it's always fun to experiment with something bold, whether it be colorful eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, a new blush, or a bright lip color. Which brings me to my next point...
- Choose one feature to accentuate & balance the rest of the face. My favorite feature to accentuate is the eyes, but when I do bold eyes, I tend to keep the cheeks and lips more natural looking. When I do a bold lip, I like to balance out the eyes with either earth tones or a coordinating smokey eye. Some days I just like to focus on the skin, which means a bit more blended out blush, a light contour on the hollow of the cheekbones & forehead w/ bronzer, and a highlighter on the tops of the cheekbones. The rest of the face is balanced out with a natural eye look (consisting of a natural highlight on the inner corners of the tear duct and brow bone, light mascara, & maybe subtle eyeliner on the upper lash line only).
- Healthy skin is the top priority. Skin is awesome. It's the largest organ of the body. It's what protects us from infection, UV rays, & pretty much everything. It helps maintain the basic structure of the body (I don't know about you, but I love when my organs stay where they're supposed to!). And of course, skin is a big part of beauty. As someone who definitely does NOT have perfect skin, I can attest to the struggle of trying to rid my skin of acne, under-eye circles, uneven skin tone, dullness, and extreme paleness (Ok, I'm not trying to get rid of my paleness, I just find that it prevents it's own challenges). But at the end of the day, it's just skin. As long as it's working as it should, it's best to try not to worry about it too much. But when you want to improve your overall look...
- Find a good concealer. Don't like foundation? Many people don't; it's your body and your own prerogative. I tend to primarily prefer concealer and a light to medium coverage mineral powder foundation (I personally find liquid/cream foundations to be too heavy on an everyday basis, but that's just me). Anyways, concealer is a helpful thing. While finding concealer that works for you can be a challenge, it really is worth it. Have a big zit? Concealer is your best friend. Haven't slept much? Concealer assists in lessening under-eye circles and bags. In fact, on days when I'm in a rush or don't want to wear make-up, a quick dab of concealer is really all I need, bare minimum.
- Cosmetics don't have to be high-end to work great. In fact, drugstore cosmetics have really improved since I've started using make-up! I have a drugstore version of just about any type of make-up that works well. I even prefer certain drugstore products to higher-end items that cost twice the price or much more!
- Drugstore mascaras have it going on. No seriously, drugstore mascaras are the best! I prefer Covergirl's Lashblast mascara to just about every other mascara on the market. While I have tried out higher-end brands, I just haven't been nearly as impressed; higher-end mascaras can and do work well, but NO BETTER than a drugstore one! Especially when you consider how short of lifespan mascara truly has: approximately 3-4 months; MAYBE a bit longer, if the mascara isn't frequently used. After that the quality of the mascara tends to decline, whether it be drying up, becoming a clump-fest, or just plain running out. So why spend more money, if you don't have to?
- If it works out in your budget, have a splurge item. Live a little, if you can. Or ask for a coveted item as a gift. And enjoy yourself! I personally love high-end eyeshadow from companies, such as Urban Decay, Too Faced, & MAC. While I don't own a ton of any of these products, I really appreciate having them as a special item! I simply limit my choices to only the products I really want and will genuinely love & use.
- Natural-looking eyebrows are very nice!. No need to over wax & over pluck. I happen to be a big fan of natural-looking brows (think Brooke Shields circa 1980). Get rid of the parts of the brows that are a bit too bushy (or out of place), and go with the natural shape of your brows. Eyebrows, especially for those who wear glasses, give such a wonderful balance to the entire face! If you have unruly eyebrows (such as myself), use a brow gel or clear mascara. On the other hand, if your eyebrows are sparse in some areas, fill in your brows a bit with an eyebrow pencil or matte powder eyeshadow w/ an angled eyeliner brush.
- Check out reviews, before making a purchase. Knowledge, is power! Some of the best resources include the internet. No surprise there, right? :) Check out products at Makeupalley, a site which has product reviews from consumers such as yourself. Or even type in the name of the specific product on google and see what pops up. It might direct you to a helpful blog or retailer. If a product tends to have a majority of positive reviews from many people, chances are the product may also work for you. It's not a perfect science, of course. Some products you love might have bad reviews, just as products you dislike may have unusually good reviews. Just use the internet as a guide in making your decision. And if all else fails, make purchases from a retailer with a good return policy!
- Be yourself! I'm not a big fan of trying too hard to change how I innately look. I'm pale; but so what? Pale can be gorgeous too! Just like a tan (especially a natural one) looks so beautiful on many of family/friends. I also don't care for color contacts for daily use on most people, unless it looks natural. I also don't enjoy drawn-on eyebrows, obvious lip liner, or super heavy eyeliner. Nor do I prefer dying my hair, or even blowdrying/straightening/curling my hair on a daily basis. But that's just me. If you like what I don't care for, who cares what I or anyone else thinks?...Feel free to break the rules! It's your face and body; own your look, no matter what that may be.
|Have a nice day!|
Friday, May 11, 2012
Hi everyone! I just wanted to show some of the beauty items I received for my birthday this year. Once I've had more time with these products, I will do reviews and swatches. For now, I'll just do an overload of pictures because hey, pictures are awesome. I had such a great birthday, and wanted to especially thank my mom, dad, brother, Billy, the Putnam family, Kimberli, and Jamie for celebrating it with me! You all are the BEST!
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
- First Impressions
- So far, so good! I love UD's Naked 1 palette, so loving this one so far isn't a big surprise.
- The formula of these eyeshadows is even better than the old formula (featured in previous single eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes, including Naked 1). UD's been raving about the quality of their new formula, so we'll see if it "pans" out (how "puny" of me).
- Haven't used the brush yet, but the lip gloss is rather nice. Not wonderful enough to buy full size, but nice enough to enjoy the mini version.
|Eyeshadow shades from left to right are Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout. Also comes with doubled sided eye brush & lip junkie.|
|Mini Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Naked|
Too Faced Summer Eye Palette
- First Impressions
- Though I've been loving neutrals this year, it's such a breath of fresh air to play with color again!
- I've already created two different looks from this palette that I adore.
- So far, my favorite shades are Sugar Sand, Coral Crush (so gorgeous!), & Toasted Coconut.
|The outer case|
|The palette "cover"|
|Inside the palette!|
|The "look" cards|
|Close-up! I'll try & take a better close-up when I review the palette!|
Benefit Boi-ing in 01
- First Impressions
- I've been trying to find a new under eye concealer that is long-wearing, doesn't crease, has good coverage, and doesn't look cakey. I've been using Boi-ing everyday since I received it, and I'm loving it so far. We'll see if it meets all of my expectations in the long haul!
- Works great on under eyes, redness, and blemishes.
Sephora Free Birthday Gift-Fresh Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo
- First Impressions
- Well, these were free, so I'm quite happy about it! All you have to do is sign up for Sephora's rewards program, which is free of charge. Every time a purchase is made, points add up to eventually give customers free samples & gifts (specifically, 100 pts for a deluxe sample & 500 pts for a gift). $1=1 point. The birthday gift, which changes every year, is free and can be picked up in store or online. The pick-up time is a week before and a week after your birthday.
- The gift comes with two mini lip balms, one regular and one tinted. These are very small, but the two together almost equal one full size lip balm, so I can't complain.
- These are very moisturizing and have a lovely texture. However, Fresh lip balms retail for $22 each, which is outrageously priced for any chapstick-like product (in my opinion).
|Rose on left, Original on right|
EOS Lip Balms in Strawberry Sorbet & Honeysuckle Honeydew
- First Impressions
- Well unlike the Fresh Lip balms, these are very affordable at approximately $3-4, depending on where you go.
- These smell soooooooooo amazing and yummy!
- I love the cute egg-shaped packaging. I think these will be an easy find in a purse.
i on Beauty 7-piece Travel Set
- First Impressions
- I already own this brush set, but I really wanted a duplicate set. I don't own many brushes, so this set was an affordable way to add to my growing collection.
- Brush Breakdown/Mini Review:
- Powder brush: It's a small size, so I like using it to apply powder over an under eye concealer. I also like it for travel, and I use it for quick pressed powder touch ups. This is probably an unconventional use, but the powder brush works well for contouring.
- Blush brush: Even though it's tiny, I actually use this everyday. It disperses blush well, and I actually prefer the small size for allowing a precise area of application (such as the apples of the cheek).
- Flat Eyeshadow brush: This eyeshadow brush is my absolute favorite brush to apply powder eyeshadow all over the lid. The texture is so soft, and easily disperses product. It's particularly great for packing on eyeshadow, and is my go to brush!
- Slanted Eyeliner brush: This brush is a bit too thick to apply gel/cream eyeliner, but works great for applying powder eyeshadow as an eyeliner or as an eyebrow filler. I mostly use this brush to fill in my eyebrows, and it gives a very natural look.
- Eyebrow/Eyelash Comb: The comb is just okay. It works just fine, but my old one has already started to see some abuse (I think the plastic comb part will eventually break. So far, one little comb piece/strip/thingy has already broken).
- Eye Smudger: This one is also just okay. It works, but the sponge part on my old one has already come loose. Maybe the new one will be better.
- Case: Haven't used the old one, to be perfectly honest.
- These were purchased on sale for about $10. Strangely enough, I have never been able to find these brushes in any place other than Marshalls or TJ Max. The website doesn't state what retailer sells "i on beauty" products, but I did find it on Amazon for $19.99.
Conair Double-Sided Make-up Mirror
- First Impressions
- My old make-up mirror from my Freshmen year of college sadly broke while I was moving out, and 4 years later I've finally gotten around to replacing it. My old one was Conair, and since I loved it so much, I figured I should stick with what works!
|Hello there, beautiful mirror. Hopefully no one will shatter you this time around!|
NYX 3-Color and 5-Color Palettes
|Spring Leaf/Lime Green/Green Tea Trio|
|In the Woods Trio|
|Rock & Roll Trio|
|I Dream of St. Thomas 5 Color Shadow from the Caribbean Collection|
NYX Eyeshadow Singles in Dark Brown, True Taupe, Burgundy Pearl, & Mermaid Green
|Clockwise started at top: Dark Brown (matte finish), True Taupe (matte finish), Burgundy Pearl, & Mermaid Green|
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in Yogurt & Cottage Cheese
|Cottage Cheese on left, Yogurt on right|
NYX Lip Gloss in Beige and Lipstick in Ceto
Cherry Culture Lip Balm in Lime
|Came free with the order. Just choose the flavor & add to cart. Smells very yummy and works well.|
Hope you have a great day! Let me know if there's any products you'd like me to review, and I'll do those first.
Disclosure: These products were received as gifts from my family & friends. I was not paid or compensated in any way. All opinions are my own.