Saturday, March 16, 2013

Changes are a Comin'

I have nothing to disclose for this post.

So as most of you know, there's been some blogging changes running around these past few days, so I'd thought I'd briefly address them.

First of all, since GFC (Google Friend Connect) is shutting down July 1st, I officially made the move over to Bloglovin. If you'd like my blog's link to Bloglovin click here. I've also added a Bloglovin button to the opening page of my blog, so you can also follow me there. Also, if you want to switch over to Bloglovin, you can actually import all of the blogs you are currently following back from GFC. So at least it's easy! I'm not a huge fan of this change, since I feel like I just got the hang of all the blogging stuff over at GFC to begin with! But as with all changes, I'm just going to go with the flow and hope I continue to have all you lovely readers! If I'm already following any of you with blogs over at GFC, I am now also following you via Bloglovin. I hope if you enjoy reading my blog you'll do the same, and follow me back too!

I also love discovering new blogs, so I don't mind checking out any blogs I'm not already subscribed to! Just leave me your link, and I'd be happy to check your site out!

Also, the FTC updated their guidelines on "How to Make Effective Disclosures in Digital Advertising." What this means for bloggers is an updated disclosure statement. I usually put my disclosure at the end of any blog posts that feature products. While I will continue to do this, I will also: (1) Place the disclosure at the beginning of the post, before any links associated with a product or place my disclosure close to the product's endorsement.

So basically, I will have a disclosure at the beginning and end of all posts featuring products. For a post like this where I feature no products, I will simply start the post off with "I have nothing to disclose for this post."

I find these new guidelines quite awkward, since it sounds incredibly abrupt at the beginning of the post. I'm sure I'll get used to it, I just don't like the way it changes a post's opening tone. Also, I don't care where the disclosure is; I just care that it exists in the first place. But alas, I will comply (although magazines don't have to disclose at all...what's up with that?).

What do you think of these changes? I hope to hear from you in the future. Feel free to comment about anything, and I will always do my best to reply! I hope you are having a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I think as long as there is a disclosure on the post, it's fine and shouldn't have to scream from the headline, lol! I wonder if this applies to all product reviews - I've never had anything sent to me for a review and purchase everything myself, so I wouldn't think I'd need to have any disclosure statement on my site. Maybe I need to go read it in depth! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete