Sunday, February 24, 2013

Skincare & Cosmetics Survey



Skin Care & Cosmetics Survey!
Skin Care:


Your skin type?
Combination to oily, but as I get older it's becoming more combination.

Which facial cleanser do you use?
I love Biore's Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser. I've used it for years now, and it's best at taking off face make-up and really thoroughly cleansing your skin thoroughly. I especially recommend this for those who have oily and/or blemish prone skin.

Which moisturiser do you use?
I've been using the Olay Complete for sensitive skin spf 15 moisturizer (in a jar) for years. It doesn't make me break out, it moisturizes well, and it doesn't leave my skin greasy. It's also great under make-up.

Do you use eye cream?
I've just been using samples! I've been putting the Josie Maran Argan oil sample (that I received in the December Ipsy bag) on my eyes lately. I also have samples of the Clinique All About Eyes eye cream and the Benefit It's Potent eye cream. Both work great, but I'm not sure if I'd repurchase.

Do you suffer with spots?
Unfortunately, I still do. Not as bad as when I was younger, but it's now much more manageable. I go through phases where my skin is great or I have a couple troublesome ones. I did try some foundation samples (I tried out liquid foundation; I usually only use powder foundation), and I broke out like no other! Makes me very nervous to try any liquid/cream foundations!

Do you use SPF?
On a daily basis I have spf 15 in my Olay moisturizer, spf 18 in my Maybelline Mineral Powder Foundation, and spf 20 in my Bareminerals Multi-tasking spf 20 concealer (see review here). That seems to do it on most occasions; even outdoors I barely tan with that on! If I'm spending a lot of time outdoors I'll use a spray on sunscreen over my make-up (Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock spf 45). It doesn't smudge my make-up or break me out.


Make Up:

Foundation?
I have 3 powder foundations I rotate between. I usually (and most often use) the Maybelline Power Powder Foundation in Classic Ivory. It has good coverage and stays put all day. When I'm very pale (like now) I tend to reach for Pur Pressed Powder Foundation in Porcelain. It has great coverage, but it doesn't wear as well as the Maybelline one. When I don't want to take the time to apply much concealer, I use Bareminerals Powder Foundation in Fairly Light. The coverage is great, and I like wearing it outdoors since I never burn when I have it on!

Concealer?
Concealer is my best friend! I wear it under my powder foundation, and it works amazingly well! For blemishes, I use the Maybelline stick concealer in light beige. It stays put all day, it's waterproof, and it never makes me break out. For under eyes, I use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Under Eye concealer in fair. 

False Eyelashes?
I actually never wear them! I'm pretty happy with just a good mascara.

Do you use eyeshadow primer?
Yes! Eyeshadow is my favorite, and it will definitely crease on me alone. I love Urban Decay Primer Potion the most! I also love the Maybelline Color Tattoos as a base. I actually don't wear a primer underneath these, since they stay put regardless!

Skin base?
I only use it when I'm having a long day or want to look extra nice. I have yet to purchase a primer, since I keep receiving samples or have them from a gift set. Right now I'm using Smashbox Dark Spot Correcting Primer, and I love it!

Favourite Eyeshadow?
Drugstore: Wet & Wild and NYX.
High-end: Inglot (first place!), Urban Decay (runner up), Too Faced, Lorac, The Balm, & MAC (only the good ones; I think they tend to be hit and miss!).

Have you ever had a mascara 'accident'?
Sometimes I have a problem with wet mascaras where I'll take the time to expertly apply it, and then I'll blink! And it's all over my eyes! It happens rarely (luckily!!)

You favourite lipstick?
Drugstore: Revlon Lip Butters, Revlon Balm Stains, Maybelline Color Whispers, and NYX Round Lipsticks
High-End: Tarte Lipsurgences and Clinique Chubby Sticks. I actually haven't tried a lot of high-end lip products.

Lipgloss?
Drugstore: NYX Megashine lipgloss (Beige and Nude Peach), C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint (Coral Mint)
High-End: Clinique Long Last Glosswear (Fireberry), Urban Decay Lip Junkies (Naked and Midnight Cowboy), Philosophy Marshmallows for Toasting, Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss in Hot Mess, and Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk. 

Blush?
Drugstore: NYX (Peach & Mocha)
High-End: Tarte (Dollface), The Balm (Frat Boy & Down Boy)

Your worst makeup disaster?
When I was younger I wore really bright eyeshadow (one color) without blending it in. Yuck!

Bright or natural colours?
I used to love brights, but now I prefer neutrals. I still wear both, I just stick with neutrals on a daily basis. I also love neutrals with a colored liner.

Which celebrities makeup is your favourite?
I like Olivia Wilde (like the Revlon ads)!

If you could only choose one make-up item to use for the rest of your life what would it be?
Concealer. I would be so sad though! :(

Do you ever go out without make-up?
If I'm not leaving the house, then I don't bother. If someone's coming over, the maybe, but probably not. I also don't if I'm running errands or briefly going out (I might put on a bit of concealer if I have a blemish but that's it). I also don't if I'm working out or swimming. Or if I'm too lazy (I used to wear nothing in the dorms for class because I'd wake up too late!).

Your favourite cosmetic brand?
Drugstore: Maybelline, NYX, Revlon
High-End: Inglot, Urban Decay, Tarte


I wanted to end this post by showcasing more of my mother's photography. This image is of Lembert Dome, a granite dome rock formation in Tuolume Meadows, which is a part of Yosemite National Park.
Lembert Dome of Tulumne Meadows, Yosemite. Photo credit: Michele Schwab

No comments:

Post a Comment