- Winged eyeliner: I've recently gotten into winging out my eyeliner from time to time, and I've gotten way better. So I'm actually fairly good now, but I used to have the worst trouble. I remember spending a half hour (at least) trying to do perfect winged eyeliner for prom! My only problem now is that I'm always convinced that the wings aren't even, like one is longer/thicker than the other. lol!
- Liquid eyeliner: Remember that prom story I just mentioned? I was using liquid eyeliner, which is why my winged eyeliner used to suck so bad (I use gel eyeliner now and the amazing Tarte double-sided eyeliner/smudger brush. It solved my problem!). I'm just not that great with liquid liner. It's just too darn wet for my taste. I'll make the perfect line and then I blink and it's all over my crease. Not cool. I haven't owned a black liquid liner in years since I prefer gel, cream, or pencil. I have one sparkly brown liquid liner from a Stila set that I like but rarely use since it gets everywhere! I always seem to forget to let it dry...such a fail! I am willing to try one again in the future, maybe even one in pen form (which I've never tried before). Perhaps I'll get one from Ipsy someday.
- Mascara w/ wet formulas: When a mascara formula is really wet, the chances of me applying it, blinking, and getting it on my crease is very good. I always forget since I don't tend to use many wet mascaras.
- Curling my eyelashes: Ok, this one I don't actually suck at, but my confession is that I don't ever bother curling my eyelashes. I happen to think that my natural lashes look just fine with mascara only. My natural lashes seem to hold a curl on their own, as long as I have a good mascara. As a result, I just don't own an eyelash curler. And if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
- Putting on false eyelashes: This is another beauty related thing I don't bother doing. Like I said, my lashes look pretty good with mascara, so I haven't actually bothered with falsies. I'm pretty sure I would suck at putting false eyelashes on if I tried. I honestly just can't get past putting glue so close to my eye! As a contact lens wearer, I could see this going wrong in so many ways! lol.
- Uneven pencil liner thickness: My preferred way of applying pencil eyeliner is a noticeable line on my upper lash line in either black or brown and a barely there line on my lower lash line in a brown-ish color. I think it makes my eyes look more awake! Sometimes I feel like one eye's upper lash line eyeliner might be thicker or thinner than my other eye. Or sometimes I meant to do a very thin line and ended up with a much thicker line than I intended to. So many eyeliner problems, I swear!
- Liner in the waterline/tightline: And yet another liner issue. I don't think I'm necessarily bad at waterlining/tightlining, I just don't think it looks that great on me. Whenever I put black/brown in my waterline, my eyes just look smaller. And it's rather irritating to my eyes. Tightlining I've warmed up to, but I still rarely do it.
- Liquid foundation: I'm out of practice using liquid/cream foundations, and as a result, I'm just not an expert at applying it. Plus my skin seems to hate most foundations anyway!
- Cleaning my brushes: I hate cleaning brushes! And I hate how lazy I can be about it! Also, it seems to take me forever to get my brushes as clean as I like.
- Doing my hair in general: I hate doing my hair. Half the time I never do anything at all. This is sometimes a product of my laziness with my hair; the other is that I just don't enjoy doing it like I do with make up. My hair seems to look ok with air drying, and straightening a couple wonky pieces, so that's what I tend to do. I am good at cutting my bangs though. lol
- Putting on jewelry: I forget to switch out my necklace (I almost always wear a necklace) and put any other type of jewelry on. I always forget to put on earrings, and I'm not a huge fan of rings. So yeah, I just forget about jewelry in general.
- Being super fashionably dressed: I'm no fashionista, and this is not a fashion blog. I can look nice when I try to, but it's not my passion. I can dress myself, it's just not super trendy/stylish.
I was messing around with make up the other day, which meant I was trying out products with NO intention of leaving the house. Since I was washing it off soon after, I did not apply any mascara, brow products, or pencil/gel eyeliner. I also painted my eyes in two different color using the Urban Decay Vice palette.
Eye #1: I call this one "Pooping a Rainbow"
|In all of it's rainbow poopy glory. Excuse my veiny eye; it's just what happens.|
|Lol at the double wing|
Eye #2: This is what happens when your eyeshadow palette gives you a "Black (and Blue) Eye"
|Punched in the face. Let's be honest, I just wanted an excuse to use Chaos (the bright blue color on my lid).|
|See my naked lashes aren't so bad!|
So I basically used the entire palette except Jagged, Armor, Nevermind, Echo Beach, and Laced. 15/20, not bad. Haha.
Hope my crazy eyes didn't scare you! And that you're having a great day!
Disclosure: These products were purchased by me for review purposes. I was not paid or compensated in any way. All opinions are my own.