For those of you who'd like to try out (or already love) Tarte Cosmetics, go to http://tartecosmetics.com for a Memorial Day sale!
|Image from Tarte|
Here are some of the products I've tried out and recommend:
|Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hr Blush in Dollface-$25. Image from Tarte.|
- I have a deluxe sample size of this blush, and it is simply the BEST blush I have EVER used. And this is coming from a girl, who is extremely picky about blushes. Dollface is a beautiful matte light pink blush, which looks rather lovely on my fair skin. It is very pigmented (especially for a light color), so a little goes a long way. Additionally, it blends beautiful, looks natural, and lasts all day! While I'm hesitant to spend $25 on a blush, my deluxe sample size has lasted me a long time (I use it almost EVERY day since March and have yet to hit pan). So when the sample does run out, I will definitely consider repurchasing! I would also love to try out more shades!
|Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Ave Princess-$29. Image from Tarte.|
- This is the bronzer that basically converted me into actually using bronzer! As a fair-skinned individual, I used to stay away from bronzer since all the products I've tried either looked muddy or orange on me (which is not attractive...I can rub my face in the dirt for free!). The shade is described on Tarte's website as being a shimmering gold. In my opinion, it's not much of true gold nor is it all that shimmery, which I think is a good thing! I would call this bronzer a satin finish, since it appears mostly matte on the skin, but has a slight sheen that gives some dimension (so it's almost matte, but not flat! lol). I use this blush as a natural-looking contour on my cheekbones all the way up to my temples & hairline. Trust me, it looks really natural, giving a really great sun-kissed look! The bronzer also works well when brushed all over the face in order to perk up a dull or pasty complexion. It also lasts all day! I only have the sample size of this product, but I have yet to even make a dent and like the blush, I use it almost every day! At $29 this bronzer is rather pricey, but I will consider repurchasing when my sample size runs out.
|Tarte Blush & Bronzer On the Go-$15. Image from Tarte|
- Well, what do you know? This is the exact set I purchased in order to try out Dollface blush and Park Ave Princess Bronzer. At $15, this is such a bargain, especially when you consider that a good drugstore blush and bronzer purchased separately would most likely be more expensive (or about the same price). These are deluxe sample sizes, and in my opinion are rather large, and can honestly pass as a full-size product (if you didn't know there were bigger sizes). Each product gives you 3.2 g of product versus the full sizes of 5.6g for the blush and 9g for the bronzer. Just so you know, I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and neither product breaks me out or causes any irritation.
|Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush-$30. Image from Tarte.|
- This is the first cheek stain I've every tried, and I love it! It lasts all day, and does not budge. "Flush" looks really natural w/ my skin tone. Although I don't use this everyday, it's particularly great for summer weather & humidity. It also does not break me out or cause any irritations. I only have the deluxe sample size, but it's a lot of pigmented product, and I can't see myself using it up anytime soon. I do think $30 is expensive, so I probably won't repurchase unless I find a good sale or gift set.
|Tarte "emphasEYES" Amazonian Clay Liner in Black & Double-Ended Brush-$22. Image from Tarte.|
- I have the full size of this gel eyeliner from a set, which unfortunately, did no come w/ the double-ended eyeliner brush. While I do like this black eyeliner, it is very intense! I tend to only wear it for going out, since I prefer a dark brown eyeliner for daily use. If you love a dark matte black, you will love this. It is also waterproof and stays put! It didn't work on my waterline, however. While I do think this is a great eyeliner, there are plenty of cheaper eyeliners that also work just as well (such as E.L.F. Cream Liner or Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner).
- These are images from an early post, in which I used this eyeliner:
|Tarte's Liner & Mascara in action!|
|Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara-$19. Image from Tarte.|
- To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of high-end mascaras. They're usually double the price (or more) than drugstore mascaras, and usually don't even work as well! Tartes "Lights, Camera, Lashes!" Mascara is actually quite good. It's not waterproof, but I haven't had an problems with smudging (the mascara flakes towards the end of it's lifespan, but that's the point when you should toss it anyway), and it comes off easily. I had a deluxe sample size of this mascara, which actually lasted a long time. While I do like it a lot, I don't think it's better than my favorite Mascara of Choice, Covergirl Lash Blast.
|Tarte "LipSurgence" Lip Tint in Enchanted-$24. Image from Tarte.|
- I have a deluxe sample size of the Lip Tint in a set, and I absolutely love it! The color is pigmented & bright, very moisturizing, and smells like mint! What I don't love is the price of $24! So expensive! Though I will not repurchase individually due to the price, I would get a Tarte set again. These are very similar to Clinique's Chubby Sticks (which I own and love) and the Revlon Balm Stains (which I haven't seen in stores yet but really want to try!).
Since I obviously love sets with deluxe sample sizes & full-sizes, here are some good-looking, value-friendly sets from the website:
|Into to Tarte Value Set-$21. Comes with deluxe sample sizes of the "ReCreate" Silicone-free Primer, Cheek Stain in Tipsy, Lifted Eye Primer, "EmphasEYES" Inner Rim Eye Pencil in Black, "MultiplEYE" Lash-Enhancing Primer, and|
"MultiplEYE" Lash-Enhancing Mascara. Image from Tarte.
|Tarte Radient & Rested Set-$34. Comes with deluxe sample size of Amazonian Clay Blush in Glisten (3.4 g), deluxe sample size of smooth operator illuminating serum, full size "LipSurgence" Lip Luster in Sweet, full size Bright Side Double-Ended Eye Brightener, and deluxe sample size of Amazonian Clay Shimmer Powder in Champagne (3.9g). Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte "Ring It In" Mini Cheek Stain Set-$15. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte "The Royal Collection"-$30. Comes w/ 16 full size eyeshadows and deluxe sample sizes of Clean Slate Natural Face Primer, "multiplEYE" Clinically Proven Lash Enhancing Primer, Lights Camera Lashes Mascara, & Vitamin-Infused Lipgloss. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte "The Jewelry Box" Palette-$45. Comes w/ 32 full size eyeshadows, 6 lip glosses, full size Park Ave Princess Bronzer, soft pink highlighting powder, & 5 eyeliners. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Jewels of the Amazon Trio-$39. Comes w/ Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliners in Black, Bronze, & Green plus a double-ended eyeliner brush. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Achiote Color Collection-$42. Includes full sizes of Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss, "Lipsurgence" Lip Luster, & Amazonian Clay 12-hr Blush. All in the shade Achiote (shimmering golden pink). Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Down to Earth Kit-$49. Includes full sizes of "Lipsurgence" Natural Lip Tint in Enchanted, "Gifted" Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, "multiplEYE" Lash Enhancing Liquid Liner, Amazonian Clay 12-hr Blush in Blissful, & make-up bag. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Party Set-$65. Includes full sizes of Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder in Champagne, "Lipsurgence" Lip Luster in Glisten, "Gifted" Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, Cheek Stain in Flush, "EmphasEYES" Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Bronze, double-ended eyeliner brush, and make-up case. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Amazonian Color Collection in Perfect Berry- $48. Includes Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Shimmering Chocolate, double-ended eyeliner brush, Amazonian Clay Infused Eyeshadow Palette in matte pewder, matte light pink, & playful plum, Lights Camera Lashes Mascara, Vitamin Lip Gloss in Serenity (warm pink), Cheek Stain in Perfect Berry, Amazonian Clay Waterproof brow mousse available in either taupe or brown, & double-ended brow brush. Image from Tarte.|
|Tarte Amazonian Color Collection in Perfect Rose- $48. Includes Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Blackened Plum, double-ended eyeliner brush, Amazonian Clay Infused Eyeshadow Palette in shimmering light pink, shimmering sand, & shimmering cocoa, Lights Camera Lashes Mascara, Vitamin Lip Gloss in Paradise (sheer berry pink), Cheek Stain in Perfect Rose, Amazonian Clay Waterproof brow mousse available in either taupe or brown, & double-ended brow brush. Image from Tarte.|
Although a lot of these sets are rather pricey, it's not quite so expensive when you consider purchasing the individual products alone. I've bought all my Tarte products in sets, and even though I haven't tried much from Tarte, I've really enjoyed the products so far! Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Disclosure: All products was purchased by me for review purposes. I was not paid or compensated in any way. All opinions are my own.