- Shade on far left: Taupe (with grey and brown elements; it's hard to describe taupe....it's just so taupey)
- Shade in middle: Reddish brown
- Shade on far right: Sandy, light peach highlight shade
- *The finish on all three shades is the equivalent to MAC's Veluxe Pearl. Basically, the shades all have shimmer and a high-shine metallic sheen, but no chunky glitter whatsoever.
|Accidentally swatched the shades in reverse...my bad! Shade on far left is the highlight, the middle one is the reddish brown, and the far right is the taupe.|
- The texture is very smooth and soft, but not as soft and buttery as Urban Decay. The texture is actually very similar to a good MAC shadow (a bit harder in texture but less fall out!).
- The colors on all 3 are quite pigmented! I am pleased. :)
- Although I did use an eye primer, these shadows proved to be long-lasting. I took the pictures below after wearing the make-up for over 8 hours.
- Gives a very natural look. Great trio for an easy, everyday look or for travel.
- Price: Very affordable, especially considering these are 3 quality eyeshadows. Places to purchase NYX trios include:
- NYXcosmetics.com: Each trio is $7, not including shipping.
- Ulta (both in store and online): Each trio is $7.99. (These are currently "buy one, get one 50% off." This is a frequent promotion, so no worries if you miss this one).
- Cherryculture.com: Each trio is $5.99. There are also a lot of frequent promotions, such as free shipping and/or 20% off the entire order.
- Not as high quality as Urban Decay, but still very good.
- If you're not a fan of neutrals, than this is probably not for you. Other than that....I have no complaints!
- Brand: NYX
- Product: Eyeshadow Trio (for one overall look)
- Shades: In the Woods
- Price: $6-8 each
- Where to get: Ulta, NYX's website, Cherry Culture
- Package Quality (out of 5 stars): ***** (Small, portable case; includes a small mirror & a double sided sponge tip applicator)
- Overall Rating (out of 5 stars): *****
- Recommend: Yes.
- Repurchase: If I run out. But it takes me forever to hit pan on an eyeshadow.
- Note: This brand is cruelty-free!
- Grade: B+ (compared to higher quality eye shadows)
Here's a look I did w/ this trio. Keep in mind this is at the end of the day, right before I took off my make-up. So forgive my tired eyes!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (all over lid, as an eye primer)
- Nyx In the Woods eyeshadow trio (the taupe shade all over the lid, the reddish brown in the crease, and the highlight shade as a brow bone & inner corner highlight)
- Nyx Dark Brown (matte brown used to deepen the outer crease; also used to fill in eyebrows)
- Nyx True Taupe (matte taupe used to soften and blend out the crease)
- Physician's Formula Eye Enhancing Eyeliner in Brown (from the Blue Eyes Trio)-upper & lower lash line
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
Disclosure: This product was given to me as a gift by a family member. I was not paid or compensated in any way. All opinions are my own.