Here are some beauty basics about myself (I've made these questions up, so feel free to duplicate them if you like!)
- Skin Type: Combination to oily.
- Skin Issues: Sensitive and acne-prone
- Skin Tone: Pretty darn fair! I'm usually the lightest or next to lightest shade. It can be difficult to find foundation, concealer, powder, and bronzer that doesn't appear orange or dark on me.
- Skin Undertones: Mostly cool-toned.
- Look: I love a natural look the most, but bold/colorful looks are fun for going out!
- Foundation: I tend to love mineral foundations the most! It gives me the most natural look and coverage, while helping with oil control.
- Concealer: Stick concealer for blemishes, one that's waterproof and long-wearing. I love mineral concealer for touch-ups and for brightening the under eye area. I'm still on the hunt for the ideal under eye concealer, specifically one that doesn't crease, look cakey, or smudge/melt away. If you have any suggestions, let me know!
- Blush/Bronze: I love powder blushes, especially matte ones. I've never been a big fan of creme blushes, but I've recently discovered a love for cheek stains! I love a mostly matte bronzer, or one that has a glow (but is not glittery).
- Mascara Preferences: I like to have a waterproof and non-waterproof around, depending on the day. Non-waterproof is best for casual days when the weather is normal, and I want to be able to easily remove it at the end of the day. Waterproof is my overall favorite, but it must separate and lengthen without looking clumpy. Regardless of the formula, I dislike flaking and smudging!
- Eyeliner: Pencil is the quickest and is best for days when you're in a rush. I'm also fan of creme/gel eyeliners, but the right brush is key! I've recently gotten into liquid, but it's not my absolute favorite.
- Eyeshadow: My favorite type of make-up to collect. I love a formula that is soft, blend able, and with great pigmentation! I don't like chunky glitter (that migrates to the rest of my face) but I do love satin, frost, shimmer, and matte finishes! I prefer pressed eyeshadow, but a great creme formula is also great!
- Lips: Chapstick and chubby sticks are my favorite, but lipsticks and lip glosses have there time and place. I love a bright lip look when I'm in a rush but want to look put together. And it's just so fast and easy!
Occasionally, I'd like to show beautiful pictures that are non-make-up related but still all about beauty! Beauty is the world around us, especially if one takes the time to look!
This beautiful shot is of Yosemite National Park in California. The upper Yosemite falls is on the left and Half Dome is on the right.
|Yosemite National Park, Upper Falls & Half Dome. Photo Credit: Michele Schwab|